Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Beautiful Day

I loved this day! The weather was perfect and I got to see so many temples. I went to 6 different ones today. All but the last one were within about 4 kilometers of each other. So it didn't take very long to get to each one.

I think my nice Japanese meals from last night and this morning gave me a little more energy too. It's so different for me having fish and rice and miso soup for both dinner and breakfast. Quite the change from my typical bowl of cereal.

There was so much variety during my walk today also. I saw everything from farmlands to city streets to dark mysterious bamboo forests. Only temple 58 was on top of a mountain but it was worth the climb because of the spectacular view. I didn't realize how high I had climbed until I walked down that steep trail that seemed to go on forever.

I got lucky because last night the people at my hotel managed to find me a hotel room for tonight. So I didn't end up sleeping in a train station somewhere. I have a perfect place about 3 kilometers from temple 59. It was well worth the walk back to have a good place for the night.

I'm resting my feet because temple 60 is about 30 kilometers from here and perched on top of a mountain. Tomorrow could be a challenging day!

No comments:

Post a Comment