Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Surprise Flight!

10 pm and I was getting ready for bed when the phone rang. It was American Airlines informing me that my flight to Japan tomorrow night had been canceled. They tried to book me on a flight the next day, which would get me there an entire day later. I told them that was totally unacceptable! So the poor woman searched and searched until she found a last minute flight that would get me there a whole day earlier. That meant I had about three hours to get to the airport.

Thank goodness I was already packed. I called a taxi, jumped into my clothes, grabbed my poor unsuspecting cat and raced her over to my neighbor's house, and managed to be ready when the taxi arrived. It was an outrageously expensive ride too. $160 from Palmer to the airport. I must come up with a better method next time.

So I am on my way to Phoenix, then Los Angeles, then Japan Airlines to Narita. The scenic route!



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment